But it doesn't end here: the title says "Weekly report", so here you are with another round of rock^H^H^Hlocking.
(sorry if the screencast is badly cut, I had problems with both pitivi and openshot...)
So what did I achieve here, since my last post?
The biggest change is the implementation of the curtain design, which essentially entails splitting the lock screen into a part with the background and the clock, and another with the actual unlocking dialog.
The second big change is showing both the panel and the message tray in the locked screen. This means, among other things, that you can now enjoy the on-screen-keyboard.
While I was there, following the login screen designs, I made the gdm greeter use this. And I quietly wept, as I tried to test this on a F17 (now F18) VM, rebuilding glib, gsettings-desktop-schemas (which has a lovely broken upgrade path too), gjs, gdm and what not.
As this is just the first week, but you can see it is not quite bad, I'm rescheduling: in the next week I'll be working on finishing the lock screen, including notifications. It originally accounted for 2 to 3 weeks - I think that's still valid, but I have some more time now, so I'll try to get in touch with the designers: we want to have appropriate privacy settings in the control center, to decide what is shown and what is hidden.
I had planned two weeks for PINs, but it was decided in IRC that this feature is self-contained and not fundamental, so I'm putting it at the end for now.
Finally, along all the period, UI revision and bug fixing will take place. For example, dear designers who had the arrow idea, it's not quite easy to use it with a mouse...
So, stay tuned!